How many bras do you need ?
After discovering your correct bra size
, most of us tentatively buy one
bra in the new size. After discovering the comfort and admiring your fantastic shape in the mirror, we throw out all the nipple-coverers-masquerading-as-bras, (aka the old bra wardrobe). And we prepare to built up a great new on !
So, how many bras do we actually need ?
Many of us on a tight budget wear our single new right-sized bra each and every day and washed at night... till we can afford a second one... (many end up with obscene bra collection --- yes, the right sized bra is that addictive !)
Normally the bra elastic needs some time to "relax"
and so you should give it a day or two of rest between wears
. Hence, you do need to have at least three bras.
Here is what I recommend that a girl should have:
Whether you need all of these, and how many
- Everyday bras: comfortable and pretty. These should be soft bras, never push-ups, padded, boost, etc. since those squash and do bad things to your bust, and you'll be wearing them a lot.
- T-shirt bra: seamless, smoothing, preferably soft and not padded.
- Plunge bra for deep necks
- Cleavage enhancer for special occasion, something like Freya retro plunge or Panache Inferno. Note that these are made quite differently from traditional push-ups, so they five great cleavage without massacring the breast tissue.
- Convertible bra or multiway, for those halter tops, low backs, and all that great summer stuff !
- Sexy little items: something that makes you feel sensuous ! Some great picks include Freya Zeta, or Arabella, but if you're more daring, get a shelf bra by any means !
of each do you need is determined by your wardrobe and life style. Bras may combine functions:
a T-shirt bra may be an everyday bra.
Ideally, you should have each of these at least in black and beige
, to go under all colours of clothes. Under white clothes you need to wear beige bras, not white, since white does show up.
You might also want to read:* the Bra Matrix
* Buying bras online: a short guide* Does this bra fit ? How can I tell ?
* Bra Myths busted
* Transform your wardrobe into your Dream Style wardrobe !
* The biggest style mistakes * Stylish pregnancy wardrobe on a budget More