"One is not born a woman, one becomes one." --- Simone DeBeauvoir
Welcome to the very first blog festival on Venusian* Glow ! The topic is "Things Every Woman Should Know" aka all the things that we have found out for ourselves the hard way, and we wish would have been told us in the beginning of this journey. To put is simply: we are making a kind of being a woman manual
To participate in this festival, write a blog post (on your blog) about "Things a Woman Should Know". How you interpret this is up to you: you can give practical advice, be tongue-in-cheek or whatever works for you. The general idea is that the posts should be informative in some way to female readers. You may just write a list, or a paragraph on each "thing" or even a series of posts, it's up to you. Just try not to make the list go on and on all the way to Timbuktu.
Apart from blog posts, there will be series of photographs on the same topic from some talented female photographers !
How to participate:
Send me your (nick)name, the title of your blog, and the URL of the post to the_eternal_voyageur[at]rediffmail[dot]com
before the 15th Oct !"The best way to learn to be a lady is to see how other ladies do it.” --- Mae West
- The deadline is 15th Oct 2008
- The links to all the blog posts will be put up here, on Venusian Glow.
- The best 10 (or so) entries will get a special mention.
- If you submit an entry, you must put up a link to the Festival page that features the links to all entries. This link will be sent to you very soon after the deadline.
- You may invite female bloggers you know.
- And ... it would be nice if you put up a link to this post somewhere on your post !
That's about it !
Because being a woman is beautifully complex.