I´ve decided to start a challenge where I try to
get rid of one object a day. I´ll try this for a month, though I might extend the challenge.
Each day, I´m going to find one thing that I own but I don´t use, don´t love or don´t need. Then I´ll donate / Freecycle / sell / give to someone / trash it.Why would I want to throw out stuff ? Like, aren´t we supposed to be buying, consuming, shopping ?
- I need space ! Empty, light spaces make me feel happy and free.
- I want my home and daily routine to be easy.
- "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris
- Less clutter = less cleaning
- Also, = less searching for lost stuff.
- You can´t organise clutter; you can only get rid of it!
- Clutter stresses me ! Just looking at it ! Yes, I´m a Virgo.
- I want to be more aware of what I´m bringing into my home.
"Simplicity, clarity, singleness: these are the attributes that give our lives power and vividness and joy." - Richard Halloway
At the end of the project, I hope to have a lighter, more spacious home. To have more control over my space, to know where everything is. Not to feel overwhelmed by my possessions. To have a stronger filtering system when it comes to allowing stuff to enter my home. And hopefully to find a couple of things that are hopelessly lost, somewhere in some corner of my home.
I´ve invited others to share this challange with me. You can take a look at my A Thing A Day challenge
on the Unclutterer forums. Document this daily purge and boasting of my daily step keeps me motivated !
"The hardest thing is to take less when you can get more.”-Kin Hubbard
And now something inspiring for your viewing pleasure:
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery